Taylor & Francis and Meiji University open access agreement
Authors affiliated with Meiji University are now eligible to publish open access in Taylor & Francis and Routledge Open Select (hybrid) journals at no cost to themselves.
This Read & Publish agreement between Taylor & Francis Group and Meiji University combines continued access to subscription articles with the opportunity to publish Open Access in a wide range of Taylor & Francis and Routledge Open Select (hybrid) titles.
Filter through the list of eligible Open Select journals to find the right home for your research.
What are the requirements of this Read & Publish agreement?
To be eligible, articles must:
- Be original research articles. Other types of paper, such as Editorials, Announcements, and Book Reviews, are not covered by this agreement.
- Publish Open Access in open select (hybrid) journals.
- Be accepted for publication after the 1st of January 2024.
- Have a corresponding author affiliated with Meiji University.
- Need to be approved by the institution. There is maximum number of articles that can be published in OA under this deal.
What should I do to make my research open access?
- Submit your manuscript to a Taylor & Francis Open Select or Routledge Open Select. You should use a Meiji University email address and state your affiliation with Meiji University in your submission.
- Once the article has been accepted, you (the corresponding author) will receive an email with instructions for publication.
- Choose “I’d like to use the Meiji Daigaku Open Access agreements” when you are shown the option to publish open access. You will then need to sign the Author Publishing Agreement.
- You may also respond to the email from Taylor & Francis (within 7 days) if you wish to request open access. Meiji University will approve funding if eligibility requirements are met. You will then receive an email informing you of the decision and a separate email with a link to sign the Author Publishing Agreement.
- Choose an open access publishing agreement. Please select the Creative Commons license of your choice. You will not need to pay an article publishing charge (APC) to make your article open access if it meets the eligibility requirements and is approved for funding by Meiji University.
If you have any questions about the process, please do not hesitate to contact the Library.
What are the benefits of this Read & Publish agreement?
When you publish your article open access, you can benefit from:
- A wide range of journals to publish in.
- Fast access to your online article publication where it can be accessed by anyone, anywhere.
- Increase the discoverability of your research with your peers and the community by publishing under the CC-BY licensing.
- Robust peer review for every article.
- Make an impact with your research in your field.
Which journals can I publish in under this Read & Publish agreement?
Open Select (hybrid) Taylor & Francis and Routledge journals are part of this agreement.
Is there a limit to the number of articles that can be published under this Read & Publish agreement?
This agreement is supported by funding from Meiji University. While there isn’t a set limit on the number of articles to be published open access, please be aware that it may not be possible to make your article full open access if this funding has already been used up. Please contact the Meiji University for more details.