- Aims and scope
Published by Stockholm University Press from 2022.
Tellus B: Chemical and Physical Meteorology is an open access journal focusing on all aspects of atmospheric chemical cycling related to Earth science processes.
Along with its sister journal Tellus A: Dynamic Meteorology and Oceanography, Tellus B are international, peer-reviewed journals of the International Meteorological Institute in Stockholm, an independent non-for-profit body integrated into the Department of Meteorology at the Faculty of Sciences of Stockholm University, Sweden. The two journals serve an international community of researchers, policy makers, managers, media and the general public. Together they promote the exchange of knowledge about meteorology from across a range of scientific sub-disciplines.
Topics covered in Tellus B include:
- Processes affecting the atmospheric composition
- Air/surface exchange processes
- Long-range and global transport and dispersion
- Atmospheric aerosols
- Atmospheric chemical reactions
- Cloud physics and chemistry related to cloud radiative effects, physical/chemical transformation and wet removal
- Biogeochemical cycles of carbon and other atmospheric constituents important to climate, air quality and the environment
Types of paper accepted include original research papers, review articles, brief research notes, Letters to the Editor, and special issues and conference proceedings (from time to time).
The journal operates a double-blind peer review policy.
All articles will be made freely and permanently available online through gold open access publication.
Explore the most recently published articles
Publishes international open access research into meteorology and oceanography including data assimilation techniques, weather prediction and climate dynamics.