Leukos , the journal of the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES), is an international venue for technical developments, scientific discoveries, and experimental results of current interest or lasting importance in the applied use of light. Topics of interest include visual and non-visual responses to optical radiation, all aspects of the technologies employed in the generation, control, measurement, and computation of light and color, the lighting design of interior and exterior environments, and crosscutting topics that include daylighting, energy management, economics, and sustainability. Leukos publishes several types of manuscripts:
- Scientific research results. Research results of significant and archival value in those scientific disciplines directly or indirectly related to light.
- Engineering developments. Reports on new or improved equipment, materials, processes, or systems used directly or indirectly in lighting, lighting equipment, or lighting design.
- Technical aspects of lighting applications. Technical aspects related to electric lighting, daylighting, lighting controls, standards and innovations in design.
- Tutorial articles or critical reviews. Summaries of a technical topic in lighting of general interest, written specifically for study and instructional purposes. Tutorials and reviews are meant for technically knowledgeable readers who are not specialists in the subjects treated.
- Brief communications. These are notes or short articles, of a technical nature that do not have the scope or extensive results of large studies or engineering projects, but provide useful data, analyses, or information.
All submitted manuscripts are subject to initial appraisal by the Editor, and, if found suitable for further consideration, to peer review by independent, anonymous expert referees. All peer review is double anonymized and submission is online via ScholarOne Manuscripts.
Publication office: Taylor & Francis Group, 530 Walnut Street, Suite 850, Philadelphia, PA 19106.
Read the Instructions for Authors for information on how to submit your article.
Explore the most recently published articles