The Journal of Earthquake Engineering is a publication of peer-reviewed papers on research and development in analytical, experimental and field studies of earthquakes from an engineering seismology as well as a structural engineering viewpoint. The Journal combines the three most important ingredients for a successful technical publication; the highest possible technical quality, speed of publication and competitive subscription rates.
The journal draws on research and development work from engineering communities worldwide in the fields of earthquake engineering and engineering seismology. Work on experimental, analytical, design, and field studies will be considered for publication. The following is a nonexhaustive list of topics considered to be within the scope of the journal:
- Historical seismicity
- Tectonics and seismology
- Strong-motion studies
- Soil dynamics and foundations
- Site effects and geotechnical aspects
- Dynamic soil-structure interaction
- Foundation design for earthquake loading
- Seismic response of buildings
- Seismic response of bridges and other special structures
- Lifelines earthquake engineering
- Passive and active systems for earthquake protection
- Repair and strengthening
- Earthquake disaster mitigation and emergency planning
- Case histories and field studies
- Seismic sea-waves (Tsunamis)
Original state-of-the-art papers are also welcome. Timely papers on field investigations following damaging earthquakes will be considered for accelerated review and publication. Also, the journal extends a special invitation to authors of short communications of new research findings that may not have been developed sufficiently to warrant full-length papers.
All submitted manuscripts are subject to initial evaluation by the Editors and, if found suitable for further consideration, to peer review by independent, anonymous expert reviewers. All peer review is single anonymized. Submissions are made online via ScholarOne Manuscripts.
Publication office: Taylor & Francis Group, 530 Walnut Street, Suite 850, Philadelphia, PA 19106
Read the Instructions for Authors for information on how to submit your article.
Explore the most recently published articles