Production & Manufacturing Research publishes open access research on manufacturing engineering and technology including industrial engineering and supply chain management. The main goal is to strengthen research on the dual or twin transformation of manufacturing enterprises in the sense of a digital transformation towards smart and intelligent manufacturing and, at the same time, the sustainability transformation to enhance economically, socially and environmentally sustainable processes, factories and value chains. A great attention is paid to how digitalization and advanced technologies can be used as an enabler for more human-centric, sustainable and resilient production. This does not exclude other works that deal with innovative and original production & manufacturing research according to the specific topics listed below.
- Smart and AI-driven manufacturing and logistics
- Data-driven and knowledge-based production management & planning
- Digital transformation strategies of manufacturing enterprises
- IoT and digital/cognitive twin integration in production and supply chain management
- Resilient manufacturing strategies and supply chains
- Human-centered manufacturing and human-machine interaction
- Advanced and flexible manufacturing and assembly technologies
- Integrated digital and sustainable factory planning
- Green and sustainable manufacturing
- Circular economy and zero waste in manufacturing
- Eco-design of manufacturing systems and life-cycle engineering
- Biological transformation and bio-intelligent manufacturing
- Engineering education for sustainable and smart factories
Production & Manufacturing Research fosters high-quality innovation, debate and collaboration across the field of production and manufacturing, enabling academic and industrial researchers to share their work globally.
Production & Manufacturing Research publishes original articles and reviews. The journal operates a double-anonymized peer review policy.
All articles will be made freely and permanently available online through gold open access publication.
Read the Instructions for Authors for information on how to submit your article.
Explore the most recently published articles
Publishes leading research on manufacturing and production engineering, logistics, production economics and production strategy.