The Italian Journal of Animal Science is an international open access journal publishing research at molecular, cellular, organ, whole animal and production system levels.
The Italian Journal of Animal Science is the official journal of the Animal Science and Production Association and is essential reading for animal scientists, technicians and all those who research animal production.
The Italian Journal of Animal Science encourages submissions of international relevance on the following subjects:
- Animal derived food quality and safety
- Animal genetics and breeding
- Aquaculture, poultry, companion and wild game animals
- Livestock systems, management and environment
- Non-ruminant or ruminant nutrition and feeding
- Production physiology and functional biology of farmed, companions and wild game animals.
- Animal behaviour
- Animal welfare
- In vitro studies that have an application to farmed livestock
- Tropical management systems, tropical farming, tropical breeding, animal feeding in the tropics.
Manuscripts discussing milk or meat analysis and compositions must show a direct link to either livestock production system, product quality, animal feeding/nutrition, animal genetics or breeding. Manuscripts describing laboratory animal models will be considered where the study highlights a potential benefit to farmed livestock.
The Italian Journal of Animal Science accepts original research articles, review articles, short communications, meeting reviews, book reviews, conference supplements, as well as news and guidelines from the Animal Science and Production Association (ASPA).
The journal operates a single-anonymized peer review policy. All articles will be made freely and permanently available online through gold open access publication.Read the Instructions for Authors for information on how to submit your article.
Italian Journal of Animal Science sections
Explore the most recently published articles