*Please note that Geocarto International converted to a full Open Access journal from Volume 38 (2023). Previous volumes will continue to provide access through a Pay to Read model.
Geocarto International is a professional academic journal serving the world-wide scientific and user community in the fields of remote sensing, GIS, geoscience and environmental sciences. The journal is designed:
- To promote multidisciplinary research in and application of remote sensing and GIS in geosciences and environmental sciences;
- To enhance international exchange of information on new developments and applications in the field of remote sensing and GIS and related disciplines;
- To foster interest in and understanding of science and applications on remote sensing and GIS technologies; and
- To encourage the publication of timely papers and research results on remote sensing and GIS applications in geosciences and environmental sciences from the world-wide science community.
The journal welcomes contributions on the following:
- Precise, illustrated papers on new developments, technologies and applications of remote sensing;
- Research results in remote sensing, GISciences and related disciplines;
- Reports on new and innovative applications and projects in these areas; and
- Assessment and evaluation of new remote sensing and GIS equipment, software and hardware.
Peer Review Statement
Geocarto International is an international, ranked, peer-reviewed journal which publishes original research contributions to scientific knowledge.
All manuscript submissions are subject to initial appraisal by the Editors, and, if found suitable for further consideration, to peer review by independent, anonymous expert referees.
All peer review is double anonymized and submission is online via ScholarOne.
Read the Instructions for Authors for information on how to submit your article.
Please note, from 2023 the Print ISSN is not in active use as this journal is no longer published in print.
Explore the most recently published articles