Sustainable Environment is a multidisciplinary open access journal, publishing peer-reviewed research across the broad scope of environmental science. Popular topics include environmental chemistry, environmental engineering, climate change, recycling, pollution, and green economy.
Previously known as Cogent Environmental Science, the journal has been relaunched with a fresh editorial team led by Dr Michelle Bloor (University of Glasgow, UK).
Your research can make a real-world difference when published in Sustainable Environment . Publishing your article Open Access with us will ensure your paper is available for anyone to read, from early career researchers and academics to policy makers and NGOs.
Sustainable Environment considers original research articles, reviews, short communications, and substantive policy papers in any of the following branches of environmental science research:
- AI and environmental science
- Ecology and biodiversity
- Emissions and carbon footprint
- Energy and resource
- Environmental change and pollution
- Environmental health
- Environmental justice
- Environmental monitoring
- Environmental pillar metrics aligned with ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance)
- Environmental policy and practice
- Environmental risk and management
- Food security
- Nature-based solutions
- Renewable energy and climate mitigation
- Soil Science
- Sustainability management aligned with the UN SDGs
- Waste management and output
- Water and wastewater
All articles will be made freely and permanently available online through gold open access publication.
Read the Instructions for Authors for information on how to submit your article.
Submit your manuscript to Sustainable Environment
Explore the most recently published articles