Start a new manuscript submission or continue a submission in progressGo to submission site
Aims and scope
*Please note that Expert Review of Precision Medicine and Drug Development converted to a full Open Access journal from Volume 8 (2023). Previous volumes will continue to provide access through a Pay to Read model.
Expert Review of Precision Medicine and Drug Development [e-ISSN 2380-8993] is an international journal publishing rigorously peer-reviewed review articles and original papers on the development and clinical application of medicine to be used in a personalised therapy setting.
In an era where medicine is recognizing that a one-size-fits-all approach is not always appropriate, Expert Review of Precision Medicine and Drug Development supports the necessity to identify patients responsive to treatments and treat patient populations using a tailored approach.
Articles focus on the following key areas:
- Development and application of drugs targeted to specific genotypes and populations, as well as advanced diagnostic technologies and significant biomarkers that aid in this;
- Clinical trials and case studies within personalised therapy and drug development;
- Screening, prediction and prevention of disease, prediction of adverse events, treatment monitoring, effects of metabolomics and microbiomics on treatment;
- Secondary population research, genome-wide association studies, disease–gene association studies, personal genome technologies;
- Ethical and cost–benefit issues, the impact to healthcare and business infrastructure, and regulatory issues.
Comprehensive coverage in each review is complemented by the unique Expert Collection format and includes the following sections:
Expert Opinion – a personal view of the data presented in the article, a discussion on the developments that are likely to be important in the future, and the avenues of research likely to become exciting as further studies yield more detailed results;
Article Highlights – an executive summary of the author’s most critical points.
Read the Instructions for Authors for information on how to submit your article. For any pre-submission enquiries, please contact the Commissioning Editor.